Sunday 28 February 2016

Five Things That Make Me Feel Better

Hello everyone, I’m not very well at the moment and I realised when I’m not well there is always a few things I do that always make me feel better, so I thought I would share those with you. Weather I’m feeling unwell, stressed, over worked or just not myself I tend to do these and they always make me feel calm and a bit more normal.
1.       Taking a warm candle lit bath. Whenever I have candles on the side of my bath I automatically feel so much more relaxed: the lovely smells, the dimmed lights, the warmth of the bath, just allowing my mussels to relax and to be calm in a stress free environment. It just seems to relieve all tension, Also adding some bath bombs always make me feel great.

2.       Being outside at night. I’m not sure what it is about being out in the dark but it is so calming. Weather its opening and looking out my bedroom window, the car window whilst on a drive listening to music, or sitting outside looking at the stars, the moon and passing clouds. This is one of my favourite things to do. You can just forget all of the stress and just be in the moment, observing nature and what’s around you: the sounds, the smells, the feeling of wind on your skin. It’s just so perfect.
 
3.       Meditation. I don’t meditate as often as I would like but when I do I really love it. I would say I meditate roughly twice a week. When i first started meditating i was really bad at it, my mind would wonder off but now i use guided meditations and have grown better and better at controlling my thoughts. My favourite apps to use are Calm and Headspace, they are perfect short guided meditations if you want to take a few minuets brake. I actually did a review on the Calm book which i really love so if you want to see a bit of the book i will link it Here.
 
4.       Essential oils. At the moment I have been obsessed with the smell of lime. I never was to fusses about it until my mum and I went to the centre parks spa, there was many steam rooms and there was one that used lime essential oil and the smell of it was amazing - ever since I have loved it. So now every night before I go to bed I put a few drops of essential oils on the corner of my pillow, my current favourite combination is lime and lavender. This just relaxes me, it smells great and helps me to sleep.
5.    Getting cosy. I love putting on some fresh PJs, some fluffy socks, rapping up in a blanket and chilling out on the sofa watching Netflix or a good film.
Do you do any of these? What makes you feel better?
Emily Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment